We seek volunteers from all cultures, professions, ethnic and educational backgrounds.
No previous legal experience is needed to become a CASA volunteer! Volunteers are comprehensively trained at their local CASA programs and are provided with constant support as long as they have active cases.
CASA volunteers are required to:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Complete an in-depth interview and pass a criminal background check
- Attend a comprehensive initial training that includes information on child abuse, neglect, the courts and child protective services, child development, substance abuse, domestic violence, and more
- Commit to remaining with their assigned case for the duration; typically this is a one to two year commitment
- Possess a desire to make a difference in a child’s life!