WaCASA is a non-profit organization whose mission is to support and promote the 33 CASA/GAL programs in our state. We do this a number of ways including: awareness, legislative advocacy, training and capacity building/technology. Through these four areas of focus, Washington State CASA continues to work with the 33 programs and our partners making sure that our programs are provided with that National standards of excellence in training and managing the CASA/GAL cases.
A large portion of the programs across Washington are funded by the state and local counties. They are not able to raise the extra money needed to implement several critical components. Additional support needed to recruit and train volunteers come from WaCASA’s training manager who is solely focused on supporting our 33 programs.
We need the public’s help to continue to raise the much needed funds to continue our work. You can get involved in a number of ways:
- Volunteer as a CASA/GAL
- Sit on a WaCASA committee
- Host a House Party to share the CASA story to others
- Attend or sponsor events
- Participate in Advocacy Day
- Help us make connections with the media to spread the word and importance of our work
- Look into being a board member
- Volunteer in our office
- Leave a Legacy and put WaCASA in your bequest, will or trust
- Make a reoccurring gift
- And more!
If you are interested in getting involved please contact office(at)wacasa(dot)org.